Onalaska UMC continues to shine the light and hope and love of Christ into the world despite the challenges of COVID-19. We are worshiping together, serving our people, and engaging in community outreach and mission in the safest ways possible. We are now offering in-person live worship.
Our COVID-19 Team is responsible for planning our response: Dr. Mark Beahm (COVID-19 Team chair, firstname.lastname@example.org), Megan Barbian (RN, Lay Leader), Rev. Park Hunter (pastor, email@example.com), Wes Panzer (Church Council chair), Becky Barnes (Stephen Ministry), Jeff Moorhouse (Trustees chair), Jessica Gobel (Children’s Ministries), Paul Bratsch (Discipleship Ministries), Jerry Arndt (at large), Sandy Koster (at large).
OUMC uses guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 Community Level assessment tool. Recommendations vary depending on the current local COVID risk level:
- LOW – Masks are optional for all people at church. The CDC recommends that you stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines, and get tested if you have symptoms.
- MEDIUM – MASKS ARE CURRENTLY OPTIONAL FOR ALL PEOPLE AT CHURCH. The CDC recommends you talk to your healthcare provider about whether you need to wear a mask and take other precautions if you are at high risk for severe illness. All people should stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines, and get tested if you have symptoms.
- HIGH – MASKS ARE CURRENTLY REQUIRED FOR ALL PEOPLE AT CHURCH. The CDC strongly recommends you stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines, and get tested if you have symptoms. Additional precautions may be needed for people at high risk for severe illness.
- 2021 Summer Reopening Schedule (PDF) – May 28, 2021 letter from the COVID-19 team with dates for relaxing COVID-19 precautions at church.
- 2021 Spring Reopening Plan (PDF) – March 16, 2021 letter from the COVID-19 team with plans for limited in-person worship starting April 18.
- 2021 Winter Update (PDF) – January 19, 2021 update from the COVID-19 team about the ongoing pandemic.
- 2020 Fall Plans (PDF) – September 9, 2020 letter from the COVID-19 team with updates on safe practices and special events for the fall.
- Re-Opening Plan (PDF) – June 11, 2020 letter from the COVID-19 team outlining our phased re-opening plan and summer events.
- WI Court Response (PDF) – May 15, 2020 letter from the COVID-19 team responding to the Wisconsin Supreme Court decision with our ongoing plans to protect and serve our congregation and community.
- Staying Connected (PDF) – March 20, 2020 pastor’s letter at the start of the pandemic listing ways we can stay connected.
- Safer at Home – March 14, 2020 pastor’s letter describing how OUMC can continue to fulfill our mission and vision during the pandemic.